Soglio

Soglio
Village of Soglio Hiking in the Swiss Alps - John 6:3    And Jesus went up into a mountain, and there he sat with his disciples.

Tuesday, January 24, 2017

John 8 & 9 - The Sin that Remaineth!

I got too busy yesterday but I wanted to comment that the readings for the day held do many jewels that I wanted to comment on all of the....it would have taken my all day.

Try to find 35-49 minutes and read through these in the KJV.

Here's the link to the first audio.
You can find the text on your own.


A couple of quick points:

1) If you have never looked into the KJV vs. Modern Bible texts issues, I would urge you to do so with open eyes. Don't be turned off by those who argue against the KJV only proponents. From what I have read, there are real issues in the underlying texts, and the concept of God's preservation of the His word....as well as the authenticity of the Alexandria texts that make up the Modern versions.

What I have learned over the past few years reading the KJV, is that it really is direct when it uses words.

Scholars argue about today's passage, John 7:52-8:11 not being in the oldest Alexandria manuscripts,

You can read one writer's view here:

Here is a short quote:

Are the above codices really reliable? According to Dean Burgon, a  renowned Bible defender of the last century, the codices Vaticanus and Sinaiticus are among “the most corrupt copies in existence.” Burgon wrote, “I am able to demonstrate that every one of them singly is in a high degree corrupt, and is condemned upon evidence older than itself”. Although these two codices may be “earliest” they are by no means “most reliable.” 

But curiously, I observe that one reason people, pastors and scholars today don't use the KJV, is that it is very pointed.

If you read the balance of the chapter, you see the intense dialogue that our Lord had with the Pharisees, look at the words used and the references in this chapter to Satan, the devil, and sin.

It ends with this great high point:

Joh 8:58  Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.

Those words I mentioned above...I searched just these two chapters John 8 and 9 and found all these verses that refer to them. Read these in the context of the whole chapter, but I think you can see the point, the KJV does not mince words, in today's preaching one will rarely find these being taught in their full directness....particularly the doctrine of sin and repentance.

Joh 8:7  So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.

Joh 8:11  She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more.

Joh 8:21  Then said Jesus again unto them, I go my way, and ye shall seek me, and shall die in your sins: whither I go, ye cannot come.

Joh 8:24  I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.

Joh 8:34  Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin.

Joh 8:44  Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

Joh 8:46  Which of you convinceth me of sin? And if I say the truth, why do ye not believe me?

Joh 8:48  Then answered the Jews, and said unto him, Say we not well that thou art a Samaritan, and hast a devil?

Joh 8:49  Jesus answered, I have not a devil; but I honour my Father, and ye do dishonour me.

Joh 8:52  Then said the Jews unto him, Now we know that thou hast a devil. Abraham is dead, and the prophets; and thou sayest, If a man keep my saying, he shall never taste of death.

Joh 9:2  And his disciples asked him, saying, Master, who did sin, this man, or his parents, that he was born blind?

Joh 9:3  Jesus answered, Neither hath this man sinned, nor his parents: but that the works of God should be made manifest in him.

Joh 9:16  Therefore said some of the Pharisees, This man is not of God, because he keepeth not the sabbath day. Others said, How can a man that is a sinner do such miracles? And there was a division among them.

Joh 9:24  Then again called they the man that was blind, and said unto him, Give God the praise: we know that this man is a sinner.

Joh 9:25  He answered and said, Whether he be a sinner or no, I know not: one thing I know, that, whereas I was blind, now I see.

Joh 9:31  Now we know that God heareth not sinners: but if any man be a worshipper of God, and doeth his will, him he heareth.

Joh 9:32  Since the world began was it not heard that any man opened the eyes of one that was born blind.

Joh 9:34  They answered and said unto him, Thou wast altogether born in sins, and dost thou teach us? And they cast him out.

Joh 9:41  Jesus said unto them, If ye were blind, ye should have no sin: but now ye say, We see; therefore your sin remaineth.






Please write your Comments here!: