Soglio

Soglio
Village of Soglio Hiking in the Swiss Alps - John 6:3    And Jesus went up into a mountain, and there he sat with his disciples.

Saturday, February 10, 2018

Job 9:20 - Verse of the Day


I posted awhile back about the word perfect used in Job.
Job 1 & 2 - How it all begins....

But the word appears here again.

Job 9:20 If I justify myself, mine own mouth shall condemn me: if I say, I am perfect, it shall also prove me perverse.
Job 9:21 Though I were perfect, yet would I not know my soul: I would despise my life. Job 9:22 This is one thing, therefore I said it, He destroyeth the perfect and the wicked.


There is great danger in the Bible for those who self-justify themselves.

Job says:

Job 9:15  Whom, though I were righteous, yet would I not answer, but I would make supplication to my judge.


The Psalmist and Paul add:

Psalms 14:1  To the chief Musician, A Psalm of David. The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.

Romans 3:10  As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:

Please write your Comments here!: