Soglio

Soglio
Village of Soglio Hiking in the Swiss Alps - John 6:3    And Jesus went up into a mountain, and there he sat with his disciples.

Saturday, March 3, 2018

Job 32 - The Young Man Speaks

This opens with what seems to be some good words.
We don’t want to Justify ourselves.

Job 32:1  So these three men ceased to answer Job, because he was righteous in his own eyes.


Perhaps he should have stopped after this chapter....we will see?

Job 32:10  Therefore I said, Hearken to me; I also will shew mine opinion.

Job 32:17  I said, I will answer also my part, I also will shew mine opinion.

If he speaks the truth so be it good, but if it is only his opinion there could be concern.

Not only that but he will say he speaks on God’s behalf.

Job 36:1 Elihu also proceeded, and said,
Job 36:2 Suffer me a little, and I will shew thee that I have yet to speak on God's behalf.

Gill writes (but I am getting ahead of myself)
that I have yet to speak in God's behalf: or "for I have yet to speak" (g), &c. Elihu had said much for God already, in vindication of his sovereignty, purity, holiness, and justice, and he had yet more to say; out of the abundance of his heart his mouth spake for God; he set out with this, that he was full of matter, and wanted to vent himself, that he might be eased, Job 32:18; and he had vented much, but he had yet more to deliver; and since it was not for himself, in his own behalf, nor of any other but God, he hoped he should be heard: it may be rendered, "for yet God has words" (h), to put into my mouth, and speak by me; signifying, that he had spoken by him already, and had still more to say by him; and since it was not so much he that spoke, as God that spoke in him and by him, it might be expected he would be heard.

We have 10 chapters to find out...but one hint is that he is not mentioned in God’s final rebuke.

Job 42:7  And it was so, that after the LORD had spoken these words unto Job, the LORD said to Eliphaz the Temanite, My wrath is kindled against thee, and against thy two friends: for ye have not spoken of me the thing that is right, as my servant Job hath.

Please write your Comments here!: