Soglio

Soglio
Village of Soglio Hiking in the Swiss Alps - John 6:3    And Jesus went up into a mountain, and there he sat with his disciples.

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Two Thoughtful Items

I guess I'm going through a phase. I seem to be in the mode of leveraging other's stuff rather than my own since I find it speaks to the heart of my thinking.

On this path today I offer two items.


I recently purchased Greg Koukl's series on Tactics - $10 for all 5 CD's on MP3.

This is a great series on defending the faith. He has lots of free articles and podcasts on his main site. Check out my favorites bar list on the side panel.

Another is an excellent article from Kevin DeYoung. I started studying the Westminster Confession of Faith in a Sunday School class and the first chapter was about the importance of the Bible. This acticle adds to that discussion some useful insight into the first century. This is important as the author says since we live in a post-modern society and there are those in the church that are working hard to limit or change the meaning of scripture so that it conforms to thier own desired worldview. Anyway it's short and I recommend it. Click on the link for the full article.


The Doctrine of Scripture: Four Points from Two Verses

At the end of 2 Peter, right in the middle of a final reminder about growing in godliness, we find two remarkable verses that help form a Christian doctrine of Scripture.


And count the patience of our Lord as salvation, just as our beloved brother Paul also wrote to you according to the wisdom given him, as he does in all his letters when he speaks in them of these matters. There are some things in them that are hard to understand, which the ignorant and unstable twist to their own destruction, as they do the other Scriptures (2 Peter 3:15-16).

Please write your Comments here!: