Soglio

Soglio
Village of Soglio Hiking in the Swiss Alps - John 6:3    And Jesus went up into a mountain, and there he sat with his disciples.

Saturday, February 18, 2017

New Posting Idea

If you have been reading this blog for a while, you know I mostly post up just from my 10 Lists Readings. But over time it's grown so that I can hardly make it through the readings since there is so much to comment upon. I read the KJV which I turned to only a few years ago. And 90% of what I get out of the text comes just from reading and hearing it. When I become curious about a particular verse, phrase or word, I often turn to Old John Gill's commentary, or that of Matthew Henry.

In the next few days I will pass the 800th day of reading...though it has taken much longer that that to read these 8,000 characters.

I will experiment with a new style...where I just post the list of readings, and then maybe a verse or two that I wish to highlight. And let you the reader go to your own texts and read the full accounts.

Hopefully, this will help to pursue my goal of getting through the text and keeping my posts shorter.

Anyway I will try this for time.....it might look something like this. Testing it I am starting with the last 3 chapters, perhaps seeing a few verses will encourage you to read more. I don't plan to do this for every chapter but at least enough to give a taste of the text.

The Ten Lists

Today's Reading (day 798)
There are two sections to this chapter one very positive one quite negative. 

1 And Hannah prayed, and said, My heart rejoiceth in the Lord, mine horn is exalted in the Lord: my mouth is enlarged over mine enemies; because I rejoice in thy salvation.
There is none holy as the Lord: for there is none beside thee: neither is there any rock like our God.
12 Now the sons of Eli were sons of Belial; they knew not the Lord.
12 Hearken unto me, O Jacob and Israel, my called; I am he; I am the first, I also am the last.
13 Mine hand also hath laid the foundation of the earth, and my right hand hath spanned the heavens: when I call unto them, they stand up together.
This is a chapter of the trials and events that Paul and Barnabus encountered throughout this region preaching the gospel...

And there they preached the gospel.
15 And saying, Sirs, why do ye these things? We also are men of like passions with you, and preach unto you that ye should turn from these vanities unto the living God, which made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and all things that are therein:
21 And when they had preached the gospel to that city, and had taught many, they returned again to Lystra, and to Iconium, and Antioch,
22 Confirming the souls of the disciples, and exhorting them to continue in the faith, and that we must through much tribulation enter into the kingdom of God.

Please write your Comments here!: